Enormous thanks to Emma Kelly ~ www.gingerparrot.co.uk
Follow Emma Kelly ~ www.twitter.com/GingerParrotUK
FABULOUS SITE ~ Go and see please everyone!
1. Natural red hair is harder to dye than other shades Headstrong as it is, ginger hair holds its pigment much firmer than any other hair colour. If redheads desired to dye their hair to any other colour (why would you?), it would only have a noticeable difference after bleaching the hair beforehand. Otherwise, the colour won't take. Bleaching, of course, is just bad news for hair. Especially red hair, which is much more fragile than other shades anyway.
2. Redheads have less hair on their heads In terms of total number of strands, gingers have far fewer atop their red heads than any other colour. On average, flame-haired beauties have 90,000 strands, compared to blondes with 110,000, and brunettes with 140,000. They're not exactly going bald though, as each strand of natural ginger hair is much thicker, so the appearance is often that redheads have more hair in general. These fewer but thicker strands make it easier to style, so be jealous.
3. Redheads don't go grey Staying true to its stubborn stereotype, ginger hair retains its natural pigment a lot longer than other shades. So there's no need to panic about going grey - red hair simply fades with age through a glorious spectrum of faded copper to rosy-blonde colours, then to silvery-white.
4. Red hair and blue eyes is the rarest combination in the world The majority of natural redheads have brown eyes, with others likely to have hazel or green shades. But like red hair, blue eye colour is a recessive trait, meaning that both parents must carry the gene for a child to be blessed with it. This makes those with red hair and blue eyes the rarest minority in the world, with only 1% having both. So, each one is about as rare as a four-leaf clover.
5. They're more sensitive to thermal pain Countless studies have looked into the genetics behind redheads claiming that they are more or less sensitive to pain. Research shows that redheads are more sensitive to hot and cold pain, with their bodies able to change temperature much quicker. Also, in surgery, gingers might require approximately 20% more anaesthesia than other hair colours. The exact reason for this is unknown, but it is thought that a link to the mutated MC1R gene could be the culprit to its effectiveness.
6. The Romans kept redheaded slaves at a higher price Those with fiery-coloured hair were held in high esteem in Roman art and culture. Thought to be strong and determined, they were more expensive than other slaves, and prisoners would even have their hair dyed to be displayed as trophies. Either that, or wigs of red hair were reportedly imported from northern Europe, for slaves to wear.
7. Russia means 'Land of Reds' Translating to mean 'Land of Reds', Russia boasts a high density of gingers located in its Kazan region, at over 10% redheads, a similar density to Scotland and Ireland.
8. 40% of Brits are 'Secret Gingers' Extensive research conducted by BritainsDNA has found that more than 40% of the population carry the mutated MC1R gene that's responsible for red hair. Both parents must carry the gene to be able to spawn a ginger baby, which lies at 25% if they're not ginger themselves, but still carry the 'secret gene'.
9. Adolf Hitler reportedly banned ginger marriages ...For fear of 'deviant offspring'. Of course.
10. Gingers generate their own Vitamin D Having pale skin may mean that redheads burn more easily when exposed to UV rays, but their paleness can serve as an advantage. Redheads can't absorb sufficient Vitamin D due to low concentrations of eumelanin in their body. This may sound like bad news, but this lower melanin-concentration means that gingers can cleverly produce their own Vitamin D within their body when exposed to low light conditions.
Emma Kelly is the Founder and Editor of Ginger Parrot www.gingerparrot.co.uk, a website for redheads, delivering news and features on topics specific to those with ginger hair, including General News, Fashion, Music, Beauty, Film, Health and more. The site also sells hair products, clothing and gifts for redheads and redhead lovers alike.
Follow Emma Kelly on Twitter: www.twitter.com/GingerParrotUK
I love writing romance erotica. I'm quite clear that's what I write and NOT porn. Porn for me is sex without emotion and feelings. Meaningless. When you have the sensuality of emotions, you're drawn into the story. You want to be there, you get to experience it internally. I love that. I like to write deep, sensuous, steamy love stories, where you close your eyes and are swept into a velvety womb of love and joy.
The books that sort of 'hinted' at sex annoyed me. We'd get to... his zipper came down, the tantalizing view of his... Then it would skip ahead to ...He wrapped me up in his arms, that was the most amazing orgasm I'd ever had.' I'd want to scream BUT WHERE'S THE BIT IN THE MIDDLE!!! I've been robbed. :-)
I wanted it all. Every lovely inch of them making love, rolling in their love and lust for each other. And no purple prose. I use fairly straight forward language, because I find that sexier. I want to be carried away by a deep intense love story. I like my men to be quite 'metro.' Men that show all their emotions. To me, they're whole men, not half humans. Men who don't cry, creep me out. I want a man who feels things down to his socks. :-)
I love to write about committed Troika or poly relationships. I have no idea why. But I love them. Would I cope with one in real life? I don't know. :-)
And I'm releasing this year my new series The Hawaiians ~ a heartfelt soul connection male/male gay romance series set in the beautiful Hawaiian Islands ~ The Aloha State!
Mikey writes gritty riveting, edge of your seat, read through fingers stories. Even if you're not into BDSM, her characters will completely capture you. Her themes are killing off extremely bad guys who deserve to die horribly. Complete redemption and vulnerability for her main characters, who you'll fall in love with. And fabulous YO!!! sex scenes. She makes the rest of us EXTREMELY envious with her skill. Hot damn!
This is a hot writer to follow. She's had 3 of her stories picked up by 2 publishing houses in the last 6 months. All fabulous stories. One m/m, EPHEMERAL DARKNESS, love this one. One complicated m/f she devil vampire ~ she takes control of a male's body for the night and has some real fun with it. Penis envy was never quite like this! That's COLD DARKNESS. The highly successful novel ~ SAVING KANE, a beautiful story of love and redemption main characters Garrett and Kane. They'll break your heart. You'll love them forever! Really!
And THEN, TRAINWRECK. This story is the mother of all stories. It's so riveting and fascinating, I want it to go mainstream. The main character Vince Sweetwater goes from the depths of depravity to the heights of redemption. Warning: Read Chapter Nine through your fingers, all the lights on and a stiff drink beside you. This is a master work of story telling.
Erotic romance fiction allows an exploration of intimate adult fantasies, many that your "real world" may not allow or you aren't ready to indulge.
Reading erotica is a chance to slip into a dream for a few hours. Or, perhaps become inspired by new ideas. If you are brave enough to crack a book cover (or e-reader) you enter a world where anything can happen. The pages whisper, "join us. Let your imagination go. Your secrets are safe here."
Why, thank you. I think I will.
My books take alpha heroes and spirited, independent heroines on scintillating journeys. They often include dominance and submission and irresistible taboos, but they always, always end up well. The heat is turned up high, so consider yourself forewarned - and perhaps pre-warmed.
Lovely, a contemporary erotic romance ~ One hot congressman and a young female sub. Elite Doms of Washington series, contemporary tales of dominance, seduction, and love set in our nation’s capital
Writing erotic romance is the most fun I've ever had.
Stories must have a high steamy sensuous Yo! rating.
Guideline: Classic Top Gun scene ~ I'm going to need a beer to put these flames out. Yo! Great Mav, real slick.
For our quick reference
~ Yo! Bartender ~ flames ~ beer!
Please indicate how much bottle you have:
1 bottle ~ mild sex scenes
2 bottles ~ sexy and saucy
3 bottles ~ Good lord!
4 bottles ~ Holy Hell!
5 bottles ~ Towering Inferno ~ ménage and other combos
6 Pack ~ Volcanic ~ BDSM
Must have Irish or Scottish heritage (or something else equally anemic and pale,) with a burn time of under 1 minute. Sensuous redheads automatically accepted.
Will also consider other coloring if other criteria met.
Must blush sexily and write lush romance erotica stories.
~ We write lush stories that might make you blush.
I love reading a good erotic romance filled with sensual raw emotions and includes all the delightfully lusty details. Doors wide open and anything goes—a few shocking twists and of course a nice dollop of humor gets me revved up and those creative juices flowing to write my own stories.
My favorite reads and writes are paranormal, fantasy, and contemporary erotic romance. I love my hero wild and rugged with a few flaws and only one vulnerability—his heroine—who can drop him to his knees in a heartbeat. Ohhh, yes :0)
As for my heroine, I love her strong in her convictions and intelligent, although she may have a few self-doubts, she’s the only one who can tame the wild in her hero ;) Both of them end up with a few shadowy secrets to add intrigue and fun.
All of my stories have warnings…something like: Wild and lust-filled love scenes, extra stimulating, arousing, and positively natural…or supernatural. And my Lycan series is definitely not for the light of heart as it contains a number of graphic erotic scenes.
~ Redhead Romance Erotica Writers Association
Find us on FB under: The Lush and Blush Club
We are always open to Sponsors for our fair loveliness. We're open to sunscreen, sunglasses and fabulous Kentucky Derby hats.
I wear Maui Jims ~ always! Elizabeth likes Gucci and Prada! I personally would be happy to test drive any Hawaiian Tropic products. Especially the coffee scented one, Sheer Touch. Yum!!! We're also open to Coppertone, J & J or any other sun screen product that anyone wants us to test drive. Our burn time is under one minute ~ we heat up fast, we're hotties.
I fell into erotic/a by accident honestly. After I completed a short (steamy) story, a friend encouraged me to submit. At the time, it was just a heated romantic interlude between two very much in love, extremely passionate, sensual characters, nothing more. I know many couples who are intensely passionate toward one another, so for me heated passion is life.
Labeling it erotic/a had only ever crossed my mind as what pissed some people off and possibly being banned for content, treated like the embarrassing red-headed stepchild by other romance writers. None of which I agree with, but that’s just me. Most people don’t share my view of things and that’s fine, it’s their life. When I found out the difference in the genres is when I learned I fell into the erotic/a category. All because my characters were sensual and passionate in the way they love each other.
Now, however, I just enjoy the personal interactions within the works I’m creating. Being an erotic/a writer/author is the same as being a blond or strawberry-blond, it’s another facet of who I am and I’m okay with that. I’ve accepted that there are those who frown upon what I write, and that’s okay, I’m here for those who enjoy the passionate side of life just as I do. The fire in everything that says we’re alive and breathing. I really did just fall into erotic/a. It has been an interesting trip though.
~ aka Mikey Rakes
and Mystery, Crime Fiction Writer
~ Suspense Category